SOLD - An Antique English Victorian Garnet & Diamond Brooch
The central garnet about as wide as a ping-pong ball. Set in 15K gold alongside garnets and diamonds. In a fitted box from Robert Stewart of 75 Sauchiehell Street in Glasgow.<br /><br />
The Robert Stewart name was originally established by two brothers in 1835 as Allan and Robert Stewart Clock and Watchmakers. Robert Stewart continued to grow the business alone and between 1886 and 1896 it is documented that Robert Stewart was appointed goldsmith, jeweller, wholesaler and silversmith to Queen Victoria. The last Robert Stewart store was based on Sauchiehall Street and was purchased by the Laings in 1989.
|Size||Width: 1.12 in. (2.84 cm.) Length: 1.37 in. (3.48 cm.)|