An Antique English Star Sapphire Cross Pendant
A superb Victorian pectoral cross.<br /><br />
Originally the property of William Maclagan (1826-1910), Archbishop of York from 1891-1908. He crowned Queen Alexandra at Westminster Abbey in 1902. The archbishop's widow presented it to Cosmo Land, the Bishop of Stepney, who later became the Archbishop of Canterbury. Land left the cross to Alfred Rose, Bishop of Dover, and it remained in his family until sold at auction about twenty years ago.
|Size||Height: 2.72 in. (6.91 cm.)Width: 1.61 in. (4.09 cm.)|